Lab Technician - Upstream Processing (m/f)
|Main focus:||Upstream Processing|
We are searching for a highly motivated Lab Technician with a good experience profile in process development and/or virology to join our Upstream Processing team for a permanent position. The focus of our upstream process unit within the Process Development Department is the establishment and optimization of novel vaccine candidate productions as well as process development work. The advertised position is primarily laboratory based.
- Perform cell culture duties and all associated activities, such as freezing, thawing, passaging and cell counting
- Take responsibility for all lab related tasks, such as lab organization, material flow, ordering, decontamination, etc.
- Execute bioreactor runs independently at research scale and intermediate scale.
- Assist in experiments to optimize vector yield and process robustness
- Design accurate documentation protocols and follow documentation according to GDP
- Collect analytical data and compile data overviews and presentations
- MTA, Dipl. Ing. (FH) or M.Sc. in relevant field (e.g. Biotechnology) with preferably 1 year of hands-on experience in the upstream processing field
- Knowledge in cultivation of mammalian cells, suspension and adherent cells highly preferred
- Expertise in Bioreactor cultivation and In-Process control is a plus
- Knowhow in Viral Vector Manufacturing is a plus
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects under time pressure
- Detail-oriented, well organized and proactive workstyle, accurate GMP-like documentation obligatory
- Open-minded and communicative team-player
- Fluent in English and German, both in spoken and written
What we offer
What we offer:
- Strong team with dedicated and passionate researchers
- State of the art infrastructure
- Excellent working atmosphere
- Opportunities for personal development
- Working in a multinational and multicultural environment
We are required by Austrian law to post a minimum salary. The minimum monthly gross salary is EUR 2.523,- based on fulltime (40 hours per week); depending on experience and qualification salary can be negotiated. In addition, we offer a performance-related bonus payment and participation in our stock option compensation program.
Starting date: as soon as possible