VP - Quality Management
|Date posted:||12. May 2022|
The VP Quality is responsible for the strategic development and execution of Hookipa’s Quality Program and Quality Management System supporting arenavirus-based product development compliance in accordance with global quality regulations. She/he will design and implement, a flexible and phase appropriate quality system that accelerates product development, manufacturing, and regulatory approval pathway, while ensuring Quality and regulatory compliance. Recruit and develop staff to execute department functions in support of the overall plant goals and objectives.
- Drive effective and efficient continuous quality improvement efforts, while remaining cost sensitive
- Understand and navigate the constantly evolving global quality landscape and adapt the Hookipa Quality Systems accordingly
- Ensure requirements of Hookipa’s Quality Systems are implemented and maintained across all teams.
- Ensure adequate manufacturing quality oversight across all external manufacturing, testing and packaging operations. Responsible for all aspects of GMP compliance. This includes quality oversight from the point of material dispensing through final product dispatch for all products.
- Accountable for all decisions made affecting product and process quality.
- Oversee all GLP- and GCP-compliance relevant aspects.
- Proactively identify, assess, and mitigate quality, operational, and organizational risks; escalate key risks and issues
- Provides technical, quality oversight and advice to the CEO and Executive Team in making quality relevant decisions.
People and financial Leadership of the Global Quality Department
- Provide leadership and direction to the Quality Organization throughout the company.
- Direct and manage the Manufacturing Quality Assurance function.
- Direct and manage the Quality Control function.
- Recruit and develop the Global Quality Team members
- Ensure effective utilization of resources through strong people leadership including consistent performance management, robust employee development and routine rewards and recognitions practices.
- Establish department / individual goals and key performance indicators in alignment with company and operational goals
- Develop and manage department’s annual operating budgets; partner with Finance to analyze variances and implement adjustments
- Create and maintain relationships across the organization and foster a strong Quality culture
- University degree (Master’s) in engineering or similar
- Profound knowledge in quality assurance and quality control of pharmaceuticals
- Minimum of 10 years of professional practical experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly explain complex situations for all management levels.
- Experience in building and developing high performing Teams
- Strong team player
- Ability to develop and effectively implement a fit-for-purpose quality system and steer its execution in an international and decentral environment.
- Hands on experience with quality assurance and quality control of biologicals
- Experience in working in intercultural environments
- Excellent German and English language skills, written and spoken
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Valid EU working permit
What we offer
- Strong team with dedicated and passionate employees
- State of the art infrastructure
- An excellent working atmosphere
- Opportunities for personal development
- Employee benefits such as health screening, public transportation card, Sodexo pass
- Working in a multinational and multicultural environment
We are required by Austrian law to post a minimum salary. The minimum monthly gross salary for this position is EUR 8.459,- based on fulltime (40 hours per week); depending on experience and qualification salary can be negotiated. In addition, we offer a performance-related bonus payment and participation in our stock option compensation program.
Starting date: as soon as possible
If you (m/f/d) are interested in this challenging position, please send your CV including a cover letter (summarizing your qualification and experiences) as well as your credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on HOOKIPA please visit www.hookipapharma.com