Clinical Biomarker Scientist – Clinical Biomarker (m/f)
|Main focus:||Clinical Biomarkers|
The position is within Hookipa’s Research and Development, Clinical Biomarker Department. The position requires knowledge in biological sciences, immunology, molecular biology, and a broad technical expertise in development of biomarker assays, validation and data analysis. The successful candidate will join the Clinical Biomarker team to support the biomarker strategy across clinical programs in development from early phase to late stage in infectious diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
- The post holder will be in a key interface position, supporting initiatives to integrate data from next generation sequencing (NGS), microarray, digital gene expression profiles, proteomics, flow cytometry and immunohistochemical platforms to test important clinical trial correlative biology and preclinical trial development hypotheses
- Manage timelines, analyze and interpret biomarker data, ensure delivery and storage of high-quality clinical biomarker data to provide raw data for further downstream analyses
- Understand and utilize efficient computational techniques to address biological questions
- Coordinate with Clinical Operations team members to assure collection and shipment of biomarker clinical samples from the clinical sites/central laboratory to analysis laboratories
- Oversee technical aspects of biomarker assay development and implementation. Interact with external partners, analytical labs, CROs to ensure timely delivery of assay data.
- Review the work order of the central analytical lab to validate the assay
- Preparation of data graphs and figures for publications and presentations
- This role requires PhD, MD or PharmD and a minimum two (2) years of proven experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry or equivalent
- Experience with immunological techniques such as Flow Cytometry, ELISpot, neutralization assays, MSD cytokine analysis, pharmacokinetics (PK) assays and immunogenicity assays preferred. Knowledge and/or experience with regulatory guidance and industry standard practice for conducting clinical bioanalysis
- A strong preference for a candidate with broad technical knowledge and experience analyzing complex data
- Knowledge and translational biomarker development experience in immuno-oncology is highly desirable.
- Experience with writing/reviewing study reports and strong project management
- Knowledge of cutting-edge methods from single cell genomics, epigenomics, transcriptomics and other sequencing technologies is a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a matrixed team environment.
- Strong oral/written and interpersonal skills required and organizational and networking skills
- Ability to adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment.
What we offer
- Strong team with dedicated and passionate employees
- State of the art infrastructure
- An excellent working atmosphere
- Opportunities for personal development
- Working in a multinational and multicultural environment
We offer a comprehensive package with competitive salary, paid holidays and sick leave, along with a full range of medical, dental/vision insurance and 401(K) plan. In addition, we offer a performance-related bonus payment and participation in our stock option compensation program.
Starting date: as soon as possible