The information you provide
Personal information is information that specifically identifies an individual. This information generally includes:
- Contact Information/Identifiers: name, gender, age, date of birth, email address, mailing address, telephone number, social media profiles, and in certain instances, identification documents, residency and work permit status, social security number or other taxpayer/government identification number.
- Professional and employment-related information: professional qualifications, prior employment history, education history, additional information included in curriculum vitae, and references.
- Interview Information: notes collected by interviewers and other professional assessment information.
- Pre-employment Screening: If we offer you a job, we may collect additional background information such as credit history and eligibility information (as permitted by law).
- Device Information and Other Unique Identifiers: device identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, or similar unique identifiers. We use various technologies including Google Analytics, a web analysis service, to track and examine traffic usage. You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features here.
HOOKIPA may collect and combine the information you provide – for instance by contacting us by email for any reason, or by submitting your resume or other personal information in response to a job opening.
Unless specifically requested, we ask you not to send us, and not to disclose, any sensitive personal information.
How HOOKIPA uses personal information
In general, we may use personal information to process your request and provide high quality services, such as responding to your inquiries. We may also use your information for business purposes, such as to review and consider your application, for pre-employment screening if Hookipa decides to offer you employment, to manage and improve our recruitment processes and our business operations related to the recruitment process, to comply with applicable laws, legal obligations and/or protect our legal interests as well as for data analysis, audits, enhancing our Website and services, identifying Website usage trends, personalizing your experience on the Website by presenting information tailored to you, and determining the effectiveness of our communication.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where HOOKIPA has facilities or service providers, and by using our Website you agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Removal or correction of personal data
At any time, you are allowed to file a request to review your personal data and also to have these removed from HOOKIPA’s database or to have these corrected, which request HOOKIPA will implement without undue delay.
Third party sites and services
Use of the site by minors
The Website is not directed to individuals under the age of 18, and we recommend that these individuals abstain from the use thereof.
How long do we keep your personal information
(i) the length of time Hookipa has an ongoing relationship with you;
(ii) whether Hookipa has a legal obligation to retain the information; and
(iii) whether retention is necessary due to the nature of our business activities (for example, due to any active litigation or regulatory investigations).
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control, as required by the EU laws on data protection.
This website uses "cookies", which are small text files that are stored on a user's computer for tracking and record-keeping purposes. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Site visitors who want to turn off these cookies can do so by changing their web browser settings. Please see www.allaboutcookies.org for more information about blocking cookies on your particular web browser.
If you choose to block cookies, this website may not function in the way it was intended.